XMas playlist! Off the beaten path Christmas tunes!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pi0wm4veyzzo81x/XMas%20Playlist.zip?dl=0
Some highlights:
-DMX doing Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
-Tuvan throat singing and Jingle Bells
-James Brown telling you how much he loves you. And to have a happy new year.
-Bad Religion put out a Christmas album? And was interviewed by NPR for it? What?
-A crazy beautiful version of Silent Night. Those harmonies ahhhhhhhhhhh
-Christmas Wrapping. New Wave/Post-Punk Christmas tune? How did I not know about this song? All the music critics apparently love it.
-Father Christmas. I love The Kinks so much after this song.
Enjoy!
1. Bad Religion- Hark the Herald Angels Sing
2. Jack Johnson- Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
3. Sugar + Hi-Lows- Jingle Bells
4. Roses are Red- Last Christmas
5. Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett- Winter Wonderland
6. Bela Fleck and the Flecktones- Linus & Lucy
7. Bad Religion- O Come All Ye Faithful
8. The Bird and the Bee- Carol of the Bells
9. Barenaked Ladies- I Saw Three Ships
10. Coldplay- Have Yourself a Merry Christmas
11. Ludacris- Ludacrismas
12. Deathcab for Cutie- Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
13. Barenaked Ladies- God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman
14. My Chemical Romance- All I Want For Christmas Is You
15. Bela Fleck and the Flecktones- Jingle Bells
16. Future of Forestry- Little Drummer Boy
17. DMX- Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
18. James Brown- Soulful Christmas
19. The Civil Wars- I Heard the Bells
20. The Kinks- Father Christmas
21. Jethro Tull- Greensleeved
22. Los Straitjackets- Sleigh Ride
23. Priscilla Ahn- Silent Night
24. The Waitresses- Christmas Wrapping
25. Tastee Christmas
One interesting note on the process of finding these songs. Every time I would look up one of these songs on youtube, it would be clustered in a bunch of other odd related videos. The thing was, the videos were heavily segregated by genre. Once I found one punk rock Christmas song, the rest would be easy to find. Locating a good hip-hop Christmas song, though, took a whole new search. I guess I was expecting all the weird Christmas music to be hyper-linked to each other more. What does this say about our listening preferences?
-DMX doing Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
-Tuvan throat singing and Jingle Bells
-James Brown telling you how much he loves you. And to have a happy new year.
-Bad Religion put out a Christmas album? And was interviewed by NPR for it? What?
-A crazy beautiful version of Silent Night. Those harmonies ahhhhhhhhhhh
-Christmas Wrapping. New Wave/Post-Punk Christmas tune? How did I not know about this song? All the music critics apparently love it.
-Father Christmas. I love The Kinks so much after this song.
Enjoy!
1. Bad Religion- Hark the Herald Angels Sing
2. Jack Johnson- Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
3. Sugar + Hi-Lows- Jingle Bells
4. Roses are Red- Last Christmas
5. Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett- Winter Wonderland
6. Bela Fleck and the Flecktones- Linus & Lucy
7. Bad Religion- O Come All Ye Faithful
8. The Bird and the Bee- Carol of the Bells
9. Barenaked Ladies- I Saw Three Ships
10. Coldplay- Have Yourself a Merry Christmas
11. Ludacris- Ludacrismas
12. Deathcab for Cutie- Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
13. Barenaked Ladies- God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman
14. My Chemical Romance- All I Want For Christmas Is You
15. Bela Fleck and the Flecktones- Jingle Bells
16. Future of Forestry- Little Drummer Boy
17. DMX- Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
18. James Brown- Soulful Christmas
19. The Civil Wars- I Heard the Bells
20. The Kinks- Father Christmas
21. Jethro Tull- Greensleeved
22. Los Straitjackets- Sleigh Ride
23. Priscilla Ahn- Silent Night
24. The Waitresses- Christmas Wrapping
25. Tastee Christmas
One interesting note on the process of finding these songs. Every time I would look up one of these songs on youtube, it would be clustered in a bunch of other odd related videos. The thing was, the videos were heavily segregated by genre. Once I found one punk rock Christmas song, the rest would be easy to find. Locating a good hip-hop Christmas song, though, took a whole new search. I guess I was expecting all the weird Christmas music to be hyper-linked to each other more. What does this say about our listening preferences?
No comments:
Post a Comment